Sunday, March 2, 2008

Update!

Things have been crazy busy around our little home. I really think this is the first week in a while that neither Hyland, Liv, or I are sick! Anyway, I have been hearing the rumblings going on about my lack of posts as of late so I thought it was time I got on here and gave everyone an update on my teeny little family!

Liv is doing great! She is getting so big it makes my heart hurt a little. I almost brokedown in Target the other day when I realized I don't have to go to the baby section to buy her one single thing anymore! She even uses grown up bowls and forks!

Anyway, she is really in to puzzles lately. We're not talking "baby puzzles" either. We have bought out all the little 24 piece puzzles I can find, and she tends to get them done in about 2 minutes. The next step up, as far as I could find, was a 150 piece Disney Princesses puzzle. I, of course, worked it with her, but I was completely amazed at how well she could hold her own on it. She would see a piece across the table, know it was part of Sleeping Beauty's skirt, turn it just the right way and then place it. I know I am probably partial, but I really think the kid has some seriously advanced visual-spatial skills.

Hyland is just moving right along with pharmacy school. I think he has really found his thing. I mean, it all just seems to come so naturally to him, and how an understanding of pharmicokinetics could ever come naturally to someone is beyond me! Oh yeah, and he really thinks it all interesting!

Since I have started working night shift Hyland has been absolutely wonderful with helping out around the house and with Liv while I try to adjust to my new zombie-like state. I think the fact that he is getting to spend more alone time with Liv is really great for their relationship too. In fact, she actually chose him over me to cuddle up with while watching tv the other night. At least she did until he made a big deal out of it and annoyed her. Then she was right back in my lap (=

I think pretty much everyone knows that I am now working as a real licensed RN at Arkansas Children's Hospital now. I work on a general medicine floor, which means I get to see a little bit of everything. Our unit is mostly focused on babies to age 3, but sometimes we get kids a little bit older. Other than the adjustment to working nights I am so in love with my new job. It can be really stressful, tiring, and sad, but for the most part it is just completely rewarding, interesting, and fun. I absolutely love working with the kids! I can't imagine that I will ever work a shift where I won't learn something new. I also really like the role that I have in helping to educate the parents. The one major down side is that I feel like I am constantly fighting getting sick. The other nurses on the unit say it takes about 1 year to build up your immunity. I really can not wait for flu/rsv season to be over!

Anyway, there is my little update. Liv and Hyland are geniuses and I love my job!

2 comments:

Scott said...

Hang in there Jaimes! Springtime is just around the corner! Woo-Hoo! :-)

maaydaay said...

It was so great seeing you all this weekend!